2010. december 26., vasárnap

Winter

oh got lots of things to do today and just got a couple of minutes to share my winter letters with you. i gotta tell you that the idea came while scrolling williebaronet and his tricky drawings made me create my own letterstyle version of winter so here it is what do you think? i think the w is perfect and the e and the t are almost there

and i've some more letters to you and this time there's no drawing involved and it is my poem actually that i wrote 1 year ago and it's about cold cold december which is winter so it fits. and wanna know how it came to my mind? i mean that i've this poem of december. well for lunch today we wanted to eat fishsoup that mum made yesterday morning and dad thought it needed some adjustment so in secret at night he played some cooking but forgot to put the thing back in the fridge so today at lunch we had to realize that the whole soup had gone berserk. and then we decieded to go out but both the gyros stand and the chinese restaurant were closed so we had to walk back home in the freezing cold and it was really really cold almost as cold as a year before and dad told me hey lili do you remember your poem and i said oh yeah my poem sure so here it is both the handwritten original in hungarian and i'll give you the translation too and you've to know that the translator is tamás heil a friend of my mum and now i can remember his brother who was meant to draft the plan of our loft studio but couldn't finish it cos he died cos he was very very sick and i drew a magic drawing to him that should have been placed underneath his pillow and that drawing those little ants could have taken that awful illness away piece by piece in their little parcels during the nights while him sleeping but i failed to give it to him and now it feels a bit bad and sad and now i think i'd like to dedicate this poem to him and it's called the winter and it is really an ode


THE WINTER

OH WINTER BEING
SO BITTER
BUT FOR KIDS
A PLEASURE

SUMMER, OH
IS YOUR FOE
AS IT IS HOT
AND YOU ARE NOT

DECEMBER
DECEMBER
GIVE US
SOME
EMBER

JULY
JULY
HOW
BURNING
YOU ARE

SO BLAZING
AND FLAMING
SO THAT WE'RE ALL
BAKING





6 megjegyzés:

  1. Dear Lili, I like very much your winter letters, my favourites are the "i" and the "e"! The whole idea is terrific!
    Well, your post sounds to me like a letter, maybe the one that could never be sent to the brother of your Mummy's friend... But he is still in your thoughts and this speaks about what a sensitive girl you are. Like I said before, you have a talent for writing, you really do! (What does your teacher in literature say?)... To be honest, I like neither Winter, nor Summer because of the great coldness or the burning heat and that's why I like your poem and I shall keep reading it from time to time, when I become impatient to meet Spring or too sad to say "farewell" to Autumn! Have a lovely Winter Holiday and let the New Year brings you health, love and a lot of joy with your family and friends!xx

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Your winter letters are vey nice! I am also busy with special "art-is-jokken fonts". Hopefully one day it will be finished and than posted on my blog......

    VálaszTörlés
  3. hello little friend lili-of-the-valley thanks so much for sharing the narval stuff it's pretty cute makes me smile because the narwhal looks like some ghost whatsoever but wheres the blood scene? im kidding you know what you are such a darling i wish you a happy new year dont forget to bloom!

    ps: so you like my sir willie baronet? he's a good friend of mine very generous he's very very kind to me and likes to share some pictures of winter with me for ive never seen snow in real yeah poor me and i adore him too.

    ps2: yea the letter w is perfect for "winter" (and "witches") see you take care byebye

    VálaszTörlés
  4. ps3: ...and of course for "williebaronet" too.

    VálaszTörlés
  5. Lili, you are so inspiring! Thanks for your comments about your letters, I love how expressive you are. Have the best new year ever!!

    VálaszTörlés
  6. ps I added a link to your blog on mine. :-)

    VálaszTörlés