2010. február 17., szerda

Adrift

mom asked me what would come to my mind on the word adrift. I said nothing and went on doing what I ‘d been doing but when I had to go to bed it just popped out of my head all at once – my bathing toys might just fit it perfectly. And she gave me 15 minutes. she always does. at first I drew our tub but it was no good looking at all and the bath screen made it just as odd as a big steamroller with my head in the cockpit and the water itself couldn’t be seen but the peak parts of the toys. awful! then I was advised to draw an easier shape so picked our old tub instead in which I used to snorkel a lot under soapy suds which is a great fun but cannot practice these days cos I’ve been forced to take shower instead. anyway as far as I can recall that tub looked something familiar to what you can see on your screen right now.it was dad who told me that it would be interesting if I tried to put it down from my leggy spider friend’s eye view so my adrift toys would be more visible. and he was right. i decided not to draw all of my toys and only the duck was chosen this time however I can’t play with it it anymore cos it was given to my cousin when I thought a toy like that was too childish for a first grade student but now brings back happy memories and a tiny bit I regret having given it to my cousin even although I know very well I shouldn’t let this kind of feeling overtake my good self but that duck even could make the quacklike sound (like bubbled on the picture where háp means quack in English) by being squeezed and it squirted bubbling water all around. I think my blue is very nice for water and it’s really like my duck would be drifting across the tub, isn’t it? if I had had the time and made no a big duck like that I’d have drawn myself on the picture as well.

1 megjegyzés:

  1. I love your blog! I like your "focus" piece with the horse. My daughter Abby is 3 and she LOVES horses. She kept talking about your artwork. Great work!

    VálaszTörlés